Rules / Guidelines
1. Any competitor who is a resident of the State of Texas with a valid Texas Driver License and / or State I.D. may challenge any ranking holder for their spot.
2. Ranking Holders may accept as many challenges as they like. If challenged, ranked holders will defend their ranking within sixty days or forfeit his or her ranking. Rescheduling or an extensions to the sixty day rule may be considered amongst the committee.
3. Challengers will travel to the Ranking Holders who will then determine the match location and date and time.
4. The TAL will charge a $20 fundraiser fee for each Rankings Challenge Match. 100% of the challenge fees will be used to help send the First Place Rankings Holders to the National Championships to represent Texas.
5. If for any reason, the number one ranked person cannot attend the Nationals, the number two may go in his/her place. If for any reason, the number two ranked person cannot attend Nationals, the third ranked person may go in his/her place. If none of the top three rankings holders can attend Nationals, then that weight class will not be funded. The funds will be dispersed accordingly.
6. If the challenger loses, then he/she will pay the Ranking Holder a minimum of: $200 for the 1st Place Ranking $150 for the 2nd Place Ranking $100 for the 3rd Place Ranking $50 for 4th Place through Last Place
7. Challengers are only required to pay the minimum monies listed above but both competitors may agree to a higher amount.
8. The money will be collected and held by the referee or TAL Official prior to the match.
9. If the Challenger wins the challenge, then he/she will not be required to pay the former Rankings Holder and will assume the rank.
10. The Rankings Holder may accept a match and decline the challenger’s money if he/she decides.
11. Challengers may petition their Regional Director for consideration on a Fee-Free Rankings Match which will be decided by the TAL Rankings Committee.
12. In order to promote integrity within the TAL, any competitor may be added, moved or removed from rankings by the TAL Rankings Committee at any time.
13. WAF or IFA rules are accepted.
14. Rankings Matches may be held during a practice or special event in Texas.
15. Tournament matches will not count towards the rankings unless the ranking match is held pre-tournament.
16. Competitors may compete and/or hold rankings in multiple weight classes as long as they are capable of making weight of that specific weight class.
17. Competitors will be allowed a 2lb clothing allowance with a maximum of 10lbs from that specific weight class.
18. Rankings Matches will be in a format of “Best of three” for all except first place which will be “Best of five”.
19. Rankings Matches must have two referees and at least one witness to ensure fairness within the match.
20. Matches must also be video recorded and sent to Albert Ding, TAL-Director of Communications. Please contact Albert for video transfer options.
21. Weigh-ins are required. Early weigh-ins may be arranged within 24 hours of the match by either competitor with each other and a TAL Director, Referee or TAL designated official. The weigh-ins must be recorded and posted on the Texas Arm Wrestling League Facebook Group Page. Violation of weigh ins will be considered an invalidation of the match unless otherwise agreed by both competitors and committee.
22. If the competitor wins the match, he/she will take the ranking holder’s rank and the former ranking holder will be placed one rank lower.
23. These guidelines are, at all times, subject to change by the Texas Arm Wrestling League Rankings Committee. For questions or comments concerning the Rankings contact The TAL Central Director Matthew Craig or your Regional Director via Facebook Messenger